Not only will you have a cherished keepsake at the end of your event, but live painting creates memorable entertainment!
1. Prior to your event we will have a consultation where we can go over the details of your event, and your vision for your work of art. I can easily accommodate requests for specific color palettes and which moment(s) you wish to capture in your painting!
2. On the day of the event I will arrive 1-3 hours early to set up and possibly begin painting the background. I provide everything I need to paint, so you do not have to concern yourself with extra tables, etc.
3. I will continue to paint throughout the event, capturing the atmosphere of the event through color and form, highlighting the most important people and details of your party all while enrapturing guests as I work.
4. Most pieces are finished before the end of the event. Once the performance ends, I will clean up, leaving the venue spotless.
5. If you want to take your finished painting the same night you may, otherwise I will carefully transport it to my studio and we can arrange pick up or delivery at your convenience. For the occasional work that is not finished at the event, I will paint the finishing touches in my studio.
WHAT STYLE DO YOU PAINT IN?
My goal as the artist is to capture the mood of your event on canvas, and to entertain your guests. You will already have countless photos giving you a photo- realistic rendering of your day. In contrast my paintings have a dreamlike quality, painted in an expressive and colorful impressionistic style. It's best represented by examples in my gallery. Identifiable features like hair color and clothing will make the central people stand out, but the faces of guests will be painted more loosely to bring the viewer's eye back to the central people and generate a feeling of movement in the painting.
WHAT SCENES DO YOU PAINT?
I can paint any scene you want, but I often put together different moments of the event into one cohesive space.
If you are having a wedding and your ceremony and reception are in two different locations I can start in the first location and pack up and relocate to the reception, so guests can still watch me paint.
CAN I HAVE CERTAIN FAMILY OR FRIENDS IN THE PAINTING?
Each painting will focus on the most important people. Clients can specify other family and friends whose likeness they would like to have in the painting in a looser style.
WHAT DO YOU NEED THE DAY OF THE EVENT?
I need access to an electrical outlet to plug in my lighting for darker rooms, and I need shelter from the elements if outdoors. For health and safety, an artist's space at least 10' x 10' is needed. When choosing where to place my performance in the room, please keep in mind that I need a clear line of sight to the action, free from obstructions like DJ speakers or architectural elements like pillars, and that you will want your guests to be able to see me work as well. Stages, elevated areas, or at the foot of the dance floor are an excellent choice.
DO YOU PAINT FROM PHOTOS OR LIFE?
The painting is painted from life but I also snap some quick photos during the event for reference as the scene shifts and for touch ups in the studio.
I will also paint from photos for Client's whose event has already happened, but would like to have a painting.
WHAT KIND OF PAINT DO YOU USE?
I primarily paint in high quality acrylic on well crafted pre-stretched canvas.
WHAT SIZE IS THE PAINTING?
Sizes vary for each package, ranging from 16"x20" to 36"x36", with custom sizing available. Remember, the larger the canvas, the easier it is to watch me paint! Canvases are of high quality to ensure you will have an heirloom to pass on to future generations. All canvases are gallery wrapped (the sides are thicker, completely covered in canvas, and staple free), and I will paint the edges so they look just as clean hanging unframed as they do hanging framed.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Average pricing ranges from $2000-$3,000 and is based on the location of the event, the size of the canvas, the popularity of the event date, and the day of the week. A 25% non refundable deposit is due upon booking to secure your event.
Additional fees may apply depending on the location of the event and the date. Please contact me for a price sheet with detailed package information.
WHEN WILL MY PAINTING BE FINISHED?
Most paintings are able to be finished at the event!
However, I offer to bring the painting home for for touch ups and application of varnish. We then coordinate drop off/pick up or shipping with the client as needed. I try to finish paintings as soon as possible when I take them home to the studio, but depending on touch up requests I like to say it could take 1-3 Months to be safe.
ARE YOU INSURED?
I have business liability insurance, and will have no difficulty working in a venue that requires vendors to be insured!
DO YOU ALLOW RESCHEDULING EVENT DATES FOR EMERGENCIES?
I do my best to accommodate rescheduled dates if I am available, however I book up many months in advance (sometimes years) so I can't guarantee availability. There is also an additional fee to reschedule because once your date is booked I hold it just for you and decline business for any other inquiries on your date.